- 500g bread flour
- 5g active dry yeast
- 8g salt
- 350g water
- 30g extra virgin olive oil
- 10g fresh rosemary leaves
- some sea salt flakes or coarse salt
- 50g extra virgin olive oil
- First, combine all the ingredients for the focaccia dough in a mixing bowl.
- Mix till the dough becomes smooth. Transfer over to a large greased bowl to let it rest for 45 mins - 1 hour.
- After resting, transfer over dough to a greased large baking tray. Use your hands to dimple and spread the dough out till it fits the size of the tray.
- Add some more olive oil on top and let it spread across the surface of the dough.
- Plant your fresh rosemary herb all over the dough followed by a good sprinkle of sea salt on the top. Cover the dough and let it proof for 30-40 minutes.
- Bake at 200 deg C for 20-30 minutes or till its well risen and light golden brown. Enjoy!