This recipe is best with
- 300g high protein flour
- 1 tbsp milk powder
- 2 tbsp castor sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5g instant yeast
- 140ml lukewarm water
- 30g honey
- 30g butter
- 35g toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 50g raisins
- Egg glaze
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1 tsp milk
- Pinch of salt
- Some coarsely chopped walnuts
- Put honey into lukewarm water and stir to dissolve.
- Sift flour into a mixing bowl. Mix in salt, yeast and sugar.
- Pour in liquid and add butter. Beat with a dough hook until dough is smooth and soft.
- Add walnuts and raisins and knead till well-combined. Cover dough with a piece of cling film wrap and leave aside in a warm place to rise for about an hour.
- Roll each piece into a long sausage. Plait the rolls together, pinching and tucking in the ends. Leave aside to rise again for 35-40 minutes.
- Brush with egg glaze and sprinkle some chopped walnuts over. Bake in preheated 200 degrees Celcius oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden.