What? A burger made of U.S. Potatoes? Yes, Thanks to the recipe from certified dietitian Indra Balaratnam, we get to enjoy this veggie burger and more, right in the comfort of our home.
- 180 grams U.S. Russet Potatoes – peeled, boiled and drained well
- 240 grams cooked chickpeas
- 4 Tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Tablespoons flaxseed
- 3 Tablespoons coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning spice
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tablespoon cooking oil
- Using a fork, mash up the cooked chickpeas and potatoes in a large mixing bowl
- Add in the breadcrumbs, flaxseed, walnuts, tomato sauce, Cajun seasoning spice, black pepper and salt to taste
- Mix well and evenly divide into 5 balls to shape into patties
- Heat the cooking oil in a non-stick pan and pan-fry till golden brown.
- Create your veggie burger with any condiment combination you like such as mustard, mayonnaise, sliced tomatoes, pickles, sliced onions, slice of cheese or salad greens