This recipe is best with
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp margarine or butter
- 250g asparagus, cut in pieces
- 750ml vegatble stock
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 250ml soy milk (of 100 ml sojaroom)
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan saute the onion in the margarine for a few minutes until translucent. Add asparagus, vegetable stock, celery and potato. Cover the saucepan and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and add the fresh thyme.
- Blend the asparagus soup until smooth. Put the soup through a fine sieve or strainer to remove the asparagus fibers. Add the soy milk and bring to boiling point. Remove from heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- This asparagus soup can be served hot or cold.