This recipe is best with
- 250g butter
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 325g flour
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 50g coarsely chopped pecan nuts
- 50g coarsely chopped candied pineapple
- Preheat oven at 170°C. Line baking trays with non-stick parchment.
- Cream butter and sugar until light. Stir in sifted dry ingredients and chopped nuts and candied pineapple. Mix well to a smooth dough.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Roll out dough in between two plastic sheets to 1/4 cm thickness. Stamp out crescent shapes (or any shape of your choice) and place onto prepared tray. Prick cookies with a fork to form decorative patterns.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and firm. If desired, dust with castor sugar while the cookies are still warm. If not, leave them plain. Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes, then transfer them onto wire racks to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container.