This recipe is best with
- 210 ml cold water
- 27 gm / 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 340 gm bread flour
- 1 tbsp milk powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- Add all ingredients into the bread pan in the order listed above /stand mixer
- Using Bread Machine: Knead the dough in the bread machine using the Dough cycle for 1/2 hour.
- After 1/2 hour take the dough from the bread machine and put it in a bowl, cover with a plastic film, let it proof in a warm place for 50- 60 minutes, or until it is double its size.
- Using Stand Mixer: Dough may be mixed and kneaded in a bowl of a stand mixer using the flat beater for mixing the dough ingredients, and using the dough hook attachment for kneading (knead the dough for 1/2 hour)
- Place dough in a large bowl, cover with plastic film and let it proof in a warm place for 50 to 60 minutes or until it has doubled in size.
- Note: The best place to proof the dough is in the oven without switching it on.
- Put two cups of hot water in the oven to provide some heat and water vapour.
- After the dough has doubled in size, turn it out onto a floured surface and knead lightly, knocking out any large air bubbles.
- Divide dough into 3 equal portions and shape each piece into a ball. Let them rest for 10 minutes. Flatten them and roll each of them up like a swiss roll.
- Place the 3 rolls into a greased sandwich loaf tin (L18 cm x W 10 cm x H 10 cm ) Cover and leave it to proof (in the oven with 2 cups of hot water) for 45 minutes or until it has risen to about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 210 C or until golden brown. Remove bread from loaf tin immediately when baked. Let it cool on wire rack.