This recipe is best with
- 275g butter
- 225g castor sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 3/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 200g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Combine and mix well:
- 100g raisins
- 100g sultanas
- 50g self-raising flour
- Grease the sides and line the base of a loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy. Beat in whole eggs one at a time until well combined.
- Fold in sifted dry ingredients and add in milk and essence.
- Stir in fruits and mix well. Pour cake batter into the greased loaf tin.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180°C for 50 minutes to an hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Leave cake in the tin for 10-15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.