Welcome to the ‘#HealthyEating’ series! #HealhyEating is launched to encourage everyone to love themselves and live a healthier life. In this quarter, we are sharing vegetarian and/or vegan dessert recipes, Soy Panna Cotta with Berries. This chilled dessert is a basic yet elegant pudding made of soy milk and vegan cream. It has a nice smooth and creamy mouthfeel. Serve with blueberry compote and fresh berries on top. This panna cotta is easy to make and can also be made the day before and kept in the fridge, ready to eat at any time of the day.
Featuring Chef Yong Mei Kei, the Director and Executive Chef at MIB College. She is a qualified food technologist and plant-based chef with a huge passion for food and well-being.
Want more vegetarian or vegan recipes? Check out the ‘#HealthyEating’ recipe folder.
- Panna Cotta
- 160g Soy Milk
- 1 teaspoon Agar Agar Powder
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 340g Vegan Cream
- Blueberry Compote
- 300g Frozen Blueberries
- 60g Water
- 36g Sugar
- Toppings (Optional)
- Fresh Berries
- Mint Leaves
- Maple Syrup
- In a pot, bring the soy milk, agar agar powder and vanilla extract to a boil.
- Pour into the vegan cream and whisk until smooth.
- Immediately pour into glasses before it starts to set.
- Allow to chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- In a pot, bring the frozen blueberries, sugar and water to a boil.
- Allow to simmer and reduce the liquid until half.
- Set aside and keep chilled until ready to serve.
- Dollop the blueberry compote over each panna cotta and decorate with fresh berries and mint leaves.
- Drizzle maple syrup over the top if desired.
- Serve the desserts cold.