This recipe is best with
- 200g butter
- 160g dark cooking chocolate
- 200g castor sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- Two drops of peppermint flavoured essence
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Sifted twice:
- 13g cocoa powder
- 125g plain flour
- 100g roasted chopped almonds
- 150g dark chocolate, chopped
- 100ml whipping cream
- Line a 27cmx18cm lamington tin with greased baking paper. Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Melt butter and dark cooking chocolate in a bowl over simmering water. Remove and put aside to cool.
- Beat eggs, sugar, salt and essence until light. Add in melted chocolate and mix well.
- Fold in sifted flour and cocoa mixture to combine. Stir in chopped almonds with a spatula.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes. When done, allow brownies to cool for 10-15 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack, then pour topping over brownies and refrigerate until set.
- To prepare topping, melt cream in a bowl over simmering water then add in chocolate.
- Stir until chocolate has melted. Remove from heat and leave to cool slightly.