- 5 eggs - separate yoke from white
- 150g castor sugar
- 125g self-raising flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Grated rind of one orange
- Grated rind of one lemon
- 2 tbsp corn oil
- Combine to make 2/3 cup liquid
- Orange juice from grated orange
- Lemon juice from grated lemon
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Whisk egg whites and half portion of sugar in an electric mixer until just stiff and mixture holds its shape.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar until light and creamy. Add grated orange and lemon rind. Add orange and lemon juice and stir well. Sift in self-raising flour with 1/4 tsp salt and fold gently with a metal spoon. Stir in corn oil.
- Pour egg yolk mixture into egg white mixture. Carefully and gently mix with a spatula until batter is even.
- Pour mixture into a 20cm ungreased tube pan. Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes or until cake is well browned on the surface.
- Remove cake from the oven and invert mould immediately. Leave aside to cool completely before removing from the mould.