This is a wonderful Jackfruit muffin recipe with the incorporation of 85% of fresh jackfruit based on the flour weight.
This tropical fruit imparts a unique flavour, great texture and sweet taste to the muffin. In addition, it is rich in dietary fibre, minerals and antioxidants.
The use of bread flour and baking powder in the recipe helps the muffin to open up and have a nice crack at the top.
The addition of dairy whipping cream adds richness and flavour to the muffin as well.
- 70g butter (salted)
- 2 g salt
- 140 g sugar
- 140 g all purpose flour
- 60 g bread flour
- 10 g baking powder
- 124 g egg
- 44 g whipping cream
- 70 g Jackfruit Puree
- 100 g jackfruit (8mm cubes)
- With a paddle, mix butter, salt and sugar on medium speed for 3 minutes until well blended.
- Sieve the dry ingredients and mix on slow speed for 1/2 minute until a crumble.
- Premix the wet ingredients and mix on medium speed for 2 minutes. Cut Jackfruit into small cubes and fold in.
- Transfer batter into muffin trays lined with paper cups. The batter should fill up to 3/4 of the height of the muffin tin.
- Bake at 200 degrees Celcius for 18 - 20 minutes.