This recipe is adapted from the garlic bread available at Cedar Creek in San Juan Capistrano, California.
This recipe is best with
- ½ cup (110g) butter, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 cups Parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed, more to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 tbsp chopped oregano
- 1 large loaf sourdough bread, split lengthwise
- Beat together the butter, mayonnaise, cheese, garlic, parsley, basil and oregano; taste and adjust the flavourings if desired. Spread onto the split bread and broil until the topping is browned and bubbly. Slice and serve.
- Note: Adapted from Cedar Creek. When testing the recipe, we increased the original amount of cheese from 1 to 2 cups for added richness and flavour.