- Cook rice with seven cups of water and two tsp salt.
- Heat oil, add cinnamon, anise, clove, and cardamom and stir for a while.
- Add onion and fry until golden brown. Then add ginger and garlic, sauté gently until tender. Add salt to taste.
- Then, add tomato and stir until it is soft. Add chicken, stir until chicken is almost cooked.
- Add curry powder and garam masala. Stir to combine (if it is thick add 1/2cup water).
- Simmer until chicken is cooked, keep stirring all the time.
- Layer the cooked rice with the chicken, sprinkle coriander leaves and fried shallot, and with each layer sprinkle with the milk mixture. Repeat 2-3 layers.
You may also like