- 1 tbsp vegetable Oil
- 300g chicken breast, cubed, seasoned
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 100g frozen mixed vegetable, thawed
- 200g shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (120g) green pea
- 20g thyme sprigs (optional)
- 1.5 tbsp corn flour, diluted with 4 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp of chicken stock powder, diluted with 150g water
- 100g heavy cream
- Seasoning to taste, (salt and pepper)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Sauté onion, mushrooms, thyme and mixed vegetables for 7 minutes until the onion start to colour.
- Add in the chicken. Stir-fry for another 7-8 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken stock and cream, bring it back to boil.
- Add in the diluted corn flour for thickening purpose and allow simmering for another 15 minutes.
- Mix in the green peas, check seasoning before dishing out the filling onto a plate.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celcius.
- Cut the puff dough accordingly to the size of the pie mould. Gently press the dough onto the mould and prickles the pastry with fork.
- Add in filling and cover with another piece of puff dough, gently seal the edge together by pressing it lightly using the tines of the fork.
- Brush with egg glaze; prickle few holes to allow steam to escape while baking.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Your pies are now ready to be served.
You may also like