- 250g chicken livers, cleaned and cut into slices
- 1 ½ tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Bombay onion, quartered
- 2 sprigs spring onions, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1 sprig coriander leaves, cut into 4cm lengths
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 2 thin slices young ginger
- Marinate chicken livers with seasoning for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Heat a wok with oil and sesame oil. Fry garlic and ginger until fragrant. Add in onions and saute for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Put in chicken livers, seasoning and ground black pepper and stir-fry over a fairly high heat. Toss quickly until liver loses its pink colour. (do not overcook, as chicken livers will toughen up.) add in spring onions and coriander leaves; stir briskly. Dish out on to a dish and serve immediately.