A delightful dessert, made from arrowroot bulbs and lotus seeds, that is commonly served during Chinese New Year.
- 150 g arrowroot bulbs
- 30 g dried lotus seeds (soaked)
- 20 g white fungus
- 1.8 litres water
- 3 pandan leaves (knotted)
- 60 g gingko nuts (shelled)
- 6 Chinese red dates
- 2 Chinese candied dates (honey)
- 125 g honey rock sugar
- Peel arrowroot and cut into cubes. Soak the dried lotus seeds for 25-30 minutes. Remove the bitter green stem in the seed.
- Soak white fungus briefly until softened. Cut off the hard, yellowish stems.
- Bring water and pandan leaves to a boil. Add in all the ingredients except the rock sugar. Bring back to a boil then lower heat and simmer for about an hour.
1 thought on “Delightful Arrowroot Dessert”
Very delicious, now very hungry.