This recipe is best with
- 1 packet Philadelphia cream cheese
- 500g cheddar cheese, grated
- 500g cooked ham, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped yellow pepper
- 1 tablespoon sweet corn kernels
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Paprika, to taste
- French loaf, sliced
- To prepare the filling, first allow the Philadelphia cream cheese to soften, then stir in the other ingredients. Season with salt, pepper and paprika. Mix thoroughly and then leave in the fridge overnight.
- An hour before serving, butter each slice of the French loaf and arrange slices onto a baking tray. Scoop a tablespoon of the filling mixture onto each slice, forming a little mound. When you have done with all the slices, cover the tray with a piece of silver foil.
- Just before serving, pre-heat the oven to 160°C.
- Remove the foil from the tray and place the tray in the pre-heated oven.
- Bake until the cheese begins to melt and brown slightly. Remove and serve immediately.
- Note: The topping for these open-face sandwiches can be prepared one day in advance. Pop the sandwiches into the oven just before serving. Vegetarians may substitute the ham with chopped pineapple.