This recipe is best with
- 220g Cooked rice
- 200ml Anchor UHT Extra Yield Cooking Cream
- 150ml water (Combine with cooking cream)
- 150g White sugar
- 125g All-purpose flour (Sifted)
- 125g Rice flour (Sifted)
- 8g Dry yeast
- Cooking spray as required
- Apam molds as required
- Grated coconut (white part only) + 1/2 tsp salt
- Blend all cooked rice, Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream + water, and sugar.
- Then add in both flour and yeast, blend again until smooth.
- Keep the blended mixture fermented for at least 3 hours, set aside.
- Preheat the steamer and spray the molds with cooking spray.
- Pour in ¾ full of pre-fermented apam mixture in the molds.
- Steam the apam mixture for 15minutes using medium heat.
- Take the steamed apam out from the molds and top with salted steamed grated coconut. Enjoy!
2 thoughts on “Apam Beras”
Why is it that the Apom Beras flatten after cooling down?
Hi Sam, generally steamed rice cakes will lower slightly after cooling, but as long as the fluffiness in the cake remains, you’ve got it! Other factors contributing to non-rising cakes are overbeating, that releases the air pockets that contributes to the rise, stale dry yeast and temperature of the fire. Do experiment with these few factors and Happy baking!