This recipe is courtesy of Anchor Dairy.
This recipe is best with
- Vanilla Custard
- 200g Anchor Full Cream Milk
- 50g Anchor Whipping Cream
- 3g Vanilla Extract
- 60g Sugar
- 85g Egg Yolk
- 23g Cornstarch
- 50g Anchor Unsalted Butter, Soften
- Apple Filling
- 300g Green Apple, Diced
- 60g Gula Melaka
- 10g Lemon Juice
- 1g Cinnamon Powder
- 5g Cornflour Slurry (Mix With 5g Water)
- Chantilly Cream
- 200g Anchor Whipping Cream
- 20g Icing Sugar
- 3g Vanilla Essence
- Puff Pastry
- In a pot heat up Anchor full cream milk on medium heat until almost boiling, remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, add sugar to egg yolk, whisk immediately then add corn flour and whisk well until no lumps.
- Add half of the hot milk to temper the egg mixture, whisk well then pour back into the pot of hot milk and cook on low heat, whisking it continuously.
- Continue cooking and whisking the mixture until it thickens. You will notice the pastry cream starts to thicken when bubbles in the mixture start to disappear. Continue cooking and whisking for another 2mins. Once done the pastry cream should be smooth and creamy, leave it in the pot at room temperature until warm.
- Add all softened butter and whisk vigorously until everything is emulsified. Cover with plastic wrap directly pressed onto the surface and let it cool in the fridge. Whisk well before using.
- In a pot, cook gula Melaka on medium heat until melted. Add diced apple and lemon juice, cook it on high heat, stirring it occasionally, and cook until the liquid is reduced to half.
- Add cinnamon powder, and mix well. Add cornflour slurry mix well and cook until thickens. Remove from heat and set aside to cool until needed
- Mix everything together in a mixing bowl, and whip on medium speed until soft peak.
- Increase speed to high and whip until peak. Transfer to a piping back, keep chill in the fridge until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line tray with baking paper.
- Cut pastry to a 3" X 8". Bake for 15-20mins or until pastry is golden and crisp. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Cut pastry in half, spread custard on the base of the puff pastry, fill apple filling and the last pipe with Chantilly cream then cover with the top piece of the pastry, and chill in the fridge for 30mins before serving. Enjoy!