This recipe is courtesy of Anchor Dairy
This recipe is best with
- 227g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 250g all purpose flour
- 50g corn flour
- 4g baking powder
- 4g baking soda
- 4g salt
- 70g ground almond
- 120g dark brown sugar
- 50g granulated sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 6g vanilla extract
- 200g cereal, slightly crushed
- Prepare a bowl of ice water a side. Cook butter in a stainless steel pot, over medium heat, stirring often. When melted butter starts to boil until it foams then amber brown takes about 2-2.5mins (160°C-165°C). Off heat, place pot on ice water slowly, stir the butter and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- In a medium bowl, add brown sugar, granulated sugar and brown butter. Using hand held mixer on medium speed, beat until incorporated, about 1 min.
- Add eggs, vanilla, increase speed to medium high and beat until lightens and begin to thicken, about 1min.
- Reduce speed to lowest, add sifted dry ingredients and ground almond then mix just to combine. Fold in cereal.
- Rest dough in chiller for 30mins. Dough look loose at first but will firms up after resting.
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Portion cookies with a 1oz ice cream scoop or portion it to 30g by hand. Form the dough into balls and place on a line baking tray, space cookie dough 3" apart.
- Bake for 10-12mins or until the edges are golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!