This recipe is best with
- Chocolate Cake:
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Cocoa mixture (6 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder + 6 tbsp cups hot water)
- 90g melted Anchor Unsalted Butter
- ¾ cups tbsp buttermilk
- 2 egg yolk
- 4 egg white
- Dalgona Frosting:
- For coffee mixture:
- 2 tbsp instant coffee powder
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp hot water
- For cream cheese:
- 200g Anchor cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line two 7 inch round cake pan with baking paper.
- Combine cocoa powder and hot water to make the cocoa mixture. Set aside.
- In a bowl (A), combine flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl (B), add melted butter, buttermilk and egg yolk. Whisk to combine evenly. Add cocoa mixture and mix well. Sift in the dry ingredients from bowl (A).
- In another bowl (C), whip egg whites with sugar to soft peak (French Meringue).
- Fold in the meringue into bowl (B).
- Pour the batter into two pan. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Thaw Anchor Cream Cheese for at least 30min at room temperature.
- In a bowl, add instant coffee, sugar and hot water.
- Whip the mixture until light and frothy (for about 10 minutes).
- In another bowl, whip the softened cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add in the coffee mixture and continue whipping till combined.
- Add in icing sugar and vanilla extract. Mix til well combined.
- Trim the top of the cake to create a flat surface. Spread the frosting evenly on the cake.
- Add your favorite topping such as tapioca balls (boba), caramel drizzle etc. Refrigerate and serve.
To make Chocolate Cake:
To make Frosting: