This recipe is best with
- 90g Cake flour
- 75g Caster Sugar
- 8g Ovalette
- 3 Whole Eggs
- 30g Water
- 15g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- Diplomat Cream:
- 250g Anchor UHT Full Cream Milk
- 1/2tsp Vanilla Essence
- 60g Caster Sugar
- 3 Egg Yolk
- 20g Corn Flour
- 65g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 125g Anchor UHT Whipping Cream
- Fresh Fruit to deco
- Preheat oven at 180°C
- In a mixing bowl with whisk attachment, beat sifted flour, sugar, ovalette and egg together at medium speed until ribbon stage.
- Add in water and continue to beat for 1 minute. Remove from the mixer.
- Use a spatula, fold in melted Anchor Butter into cake mixture.
- Pour the batter into 11 x 10 inch cake mould.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Using a medium saucepan, heat Anchor Full Cream Milk and vanilla essence.
- In a bowl, mix egg yolk and sugar with hand whisk. Then add in corn flour to mix well.
- Pour 1/3 part of the hot milk into the egg mixture and immediately mix well. Continue to mix in the remaining hot milk.
- Bring the mixture back to saucepan and cook until bubbling. (whisk constantly during cooking, the custard should be thicken and become glossy)
- Remove from the heat and immediately add in the softened Anchor Butter. Mix well.
- Transfer the custard to a bowl and cover well the top by touching the custard surface with plastic wrap. Cool down to room temperature.
- ln a mixing bowl with whisk attachment, whip Anchor Whipping Cream until soft peak. Then fold into the custard.
- Cut sponge into small cubes.
- In the glass put a layer of sponge cube, then pipe a layer of diplomat cream. Then, put a layer of slices fruit, next pipe a layer of diplomat cream.
- Continue one more time from step 2.
- Lastly decoration slice fruit on top, done. Serve chill