Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Nur Ain for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
“In Malaysia coconut is frequently used in cooking. So let’s try this recipe to make it Malaysian-lah Burnt Cheesecake style. Enjoy!” – Nur Ain
This recipe is best with
- 250gm Anchor Cream Cheese - room temperature
- 80gm Sugar
- 1tsp Essence Vanilla
- 80gm Eggs
- 25gm Custard Powder
- 1tbsp Lemon Juice
- 125gm Anchor Whipping Cream
- 50gm Coconut flesh - grated
- 50gm Palm Sugar (Gula Kabung) - Melted
- pinch of salt
- Using food blender. Blend eggs and cream until smooth for 10 seconds.
- Add in Sugar, cream cheese, vanilla, custard powder, salt and lemon juice.
- Blend the ingredients until all well-combined and smooth for 30 seconds.
- Separate mixture to two portions.
- One portion add melted palm sugar and whisk until all combine pour into 7inch mould.
- Add grated coconut into remaining mixture slightly fold and pour on top of palm sugar mixture,
- Bake at 200'c for 35 minutes.
- Once done chill the cake in the fridge preferably overnight for better taste. Enjoy!