Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake submissions here! To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your most ‘terer’ Malaysian-themed burnt cheesecake using Anchor Cream Cheese, which is the key ingredient to a yummylicious silky burnt cheesecake. Read our full instructions here to win! This recipe is courtesy of Nur Ain for the “Burnt Cheesecake, Let’s Make It Malaysian-lah!” Contest.
“This cheesecake is inspired based on one of Malaysia’s famous kuih which is also one of my favorite – Kuih Keria Gula Melaka. Kuih keria made of sweet potato and sugar glazed with gula melaka. It is easy recipe for us to try at home and at the same time to remind us the sweetness of Malaysia’s taste.” – Nur Ain
- 250gm Anchor Cream Cheese (room temperature)
- 100gm Castor Sugar
- 1tbsp Vanilla essence
- 100gm Eggs (room temperature)
- 25gm Custard Powder - sifted
- 1tbsp Lemon juice
- 125gm Anchor Whipping Cream
- 100gm Keledek (sweet potato) - cubed and boiled
- 250gm Gula Melaka
- 120gm Whipping Cream
- 80gm unsalted butter
- Salt to taste
- Use food blender. Blend eggs, cream for 10 seconds.
- Add in sugar, cream cheese , vanilla, lemon juice and custard powder. Blend until all well-combined.
- Divide batter mixture to two parts. One part leave it to plain mixture.
- Add sweet potato in one part of batter blend until combine for 10 seconds.
- Pour into 7inch size mold line with parchment paper. Layer plain original mixture on top of sweet potato mixture.
- Pre-heated oven for 20 minutes at 200c. Using top and bottom heat bake for 35 minutes or until cook.
- Once cooked and cool down keep the cake in refrigerator overnight for better taste and result. Ready to serve. Enjoy!
- Crush Gula Melaka into small chunks.
- Add the Gula Melaka into pot with sprinkle of water and heat until sugar melts.
- Swirl the pan to ensure even cooking and avoid burning of sugar.
- Add butter and cream once the sugar melted
- Add salt stir until completely combine and achieve desired consistency.
- Gula Melaka caramel can be stored in fridge well-packed for up to one month.