This recipe is best with
- Steam Glutinous Rice:
- 350g Glutinous Rice, wash and soak for 1 hour
- 60ml Anchor UHT Extra Yield Cooking Cream
- 300ml Water
- 1 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 pcs Pandan Leaf, tie into a knot
- 1 tbsp Additional Cooking Oil, to oil baking tray
- Gula Merah Layer:
- 200g Brown Sugar
- 120ml Water
- 200g Anchor UHT Extra Yield Cooking Cream
- 1 Egg
- 2 tbsp Rice Flour
- 50g All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Wash and soak the glutinous rice for 1 hour then strain. Mix with Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream, water, cooking oil, salt and “pandan”. Stir and mix well.
- Lightly oil the baking tray and steam the glutinous rice mixture for 30minutes or until cook, remove the “pandan” knot.
- After the glutinous rice is cooked, press it well and steam again for around 10minutes.
- In a pot, cook and melt brown sugar with water. Set aside until room temperature.
- Mix Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream, egg, rice flour, all-purpose flour and water, then mix in brown sugar mixture and mix well to combine.
- Double boil the above mixture until slightly thickens, then pour onto the hot steamed glutinous rice.
- Using a low heat, steam the “kuih” for about 30-40 minutes or until it cooked.
- Place it on cooling rack for about 6 hours before cutting, serve. Enjoy!