This recipe is courtesy of Anchor Dairy.
This recipe is best with
- Cream Diplomat:
- 2nos egg yolk
- 60g castor sugar
- 25g corn starch
- 240ml Anchor UHT Milk
- 180ml Anchor Whipping Cream
- 60g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 50g sugar
- 60g all purpose flour
- Choux Pastry:
- 130ml water
- 50g Anchor Unsalted Butter
- 3g salt
- 70g all-purpose flour
- 2nos eggs
- Whisk yolks and sugar together until pale and add in the starch
- Heat up the milk until simmer and pour into the mixture
- Return to the pot, on medium heat stir until thickens
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, and whisk until creamy
- Whip the whipping cream until medium peaks and combine it with the creamy pastry cream.
- Whisk butter and sugar till creamy and fold in the flour.
- Use a rolling pin to make it flat and keep refrigerated until needed
- Add water, butter and salt into a pot and bring to simmer.
- Add in the flour, on medium heat bring it to a dough using a wooden ladle. Cook for about 90 seconds
- Allow to cool slightly, the add in the eggs one at a time
- Transfer to a piping bag and pipe into desired shape
- Place a craquelin disk onto each choux and bake at 190 deg C for 20 minutes
- Pipe some cream on the base and start assembling the choux tower. You could also use melted chocolate for a more stable tree. Happy decorating!