- 400g large prawns, keep shells intact
- 200g half-ripe pineapple, cubed
- Ground spice ingredients (combine):
- 1 1/2 tbsp chilli paste
- 1 tbsp fish curry powder
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 2cm slice galangal
- 1 stalk lemon grass
- 3/4 tsp belacan stock granules
- 4 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 a grated coconut, squeezed for thick coconut milk (add 250ml water to residue, mix and squeeze out thin coconut milk).
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp fish stock granules
- 1/4 tsp sugar (optional)
- Heat oil in a saucepan, fry ground spice ingredients until fragrant. Add pineapple cubes and thin coconut milk and bring to a boil. When the pineapples are soft add prawns and cook for two to three minutes.
- Add thick coconut milk and seasoning and allow to boil for two to three more minutes, stirring to prevent curdling. Dish out and serve, garnished with mint leaves.