In this ‘Watermelon 3 Ways’ series, this Watermelon Rind Pickle is a crunchy and juicy condiment to go along with fried, greasy foods. Also a great way to make use of the rind!
- 400g watermelon rind (green part removed)
- 200g vinegar
- 30g sugar
- 200g sweetened carbonated drink
- 1/2tsp salt
- 4nos garlic clove (skin removed)
- Cut the watermelon rind into cubes and set aside in a glass container together with the 4 cloves of garlic
- In a bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, sweetened carbonated drink and salt. Mix till sugar dissolves.
- Pour into the glass container filled with watermelon rind cubes. Let it sit for at least 10 hours in the fridge before consuming.
- Best enjoyed with greasy foods like fried chicken!