- 1 baguette (sliced diagonally into small pieces)
- 3 tomatoes (diced)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sprig basil leaves (chopped finely)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped finely)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brush the top of the bread with olive oil and place bread slices on a baking sheet. Bake about 10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, 2 tbsp of olive oil, basil, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Divide the tomato mixture evenly over toasted bread. Serve immediately.