- Put all the yeast dough ingredients (A) in a plastic container. Mix well and cover. Leave aside for 24 hours for it to ferment.
- Combine all ingredients (B) in a mixing bowl in an electric mixer, using a dough hook.
- Add in yeast dough and knead well. Mix in margarine and knead until dough is soft. Leave aside for half an hour.
- Knead dough for one to two minutes again, then leave aside to prove for half an hour to one hour or until dough doubles in bulk.
- Roll out dough into a rectangle on a floured surface. Sift filling mixture evenly over it. Roll up Swiss roll style and cut into slices.
- Shape each slice neatly with the palms of your hands and flatten slightly. Heat oil for deep frying. Fry dough pieces over low heat, a few at a time.
- Turn over frequently until Hum Chin Peng is a light golden colour. Drain well on absorbent kitchen paper.
You may also like