The reunion dinner before Chinese New Year is a very important event.It is more than just a meal; it is a time when family members who are scattered across the country and the globe return home and celebrate the reunion by feasting on mum
- 500g medium large prawns with shell
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Oil for deep-frying
- 1 tbsp chopped cili padi
- 1 orange, shred the rind finely
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger
- (C) Sauce:
- 3 tbsp orange marmalade (jam)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 125ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp cornflour mixed with 1 tbsp water
- Wash prawns and trim the feelers. Season prawns with salt and pepper with a little cornflour. Heat oil and fry prawns till just cooked. Drain and leave aside.
- Leave 1 tbsp hot oil in the wok and fry ingredients (B) till aromatic. Add sauce (C) and bring to a boil.
- Return prawns to the wok and fry until sauce coats evenly over the prawns and the gravy is reduced. Add thickening if required. Dish out and serve.