An acquired taste, petai is delicious once you reach that stage. Paired with giant prawns, the taste is delicious. Not for the kids though 😉
- 300g Petai, halved and cleaned
- 3-4 large prawns
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp cili boh
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 tsp fish sauce
- cooking oil
- Saute red onions with some cooking oil till soft.
- Add in cili boh and continue stir frying for a while as the aroma is released.
- Add in petai beans. Stir fry a while and add in fish sauce and some water till the petai beans are half submerged. Cover and cook for 3 mins as the petai softens.
- Open the cover, toss the petai beans and add in large prawns atop. Leave uncovered for 1 min or as long as prawns have turned orange underneath.
- Flip the prawns to the other side for another min or until prawns turn orange.
- Add in sugar to taste, dish and serve!