- 250g potatoes
- 50g canned salmon, drained and flaked
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onion
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 tsp chopped red chilli
- 1 small egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain well and peel off the skin.
- Return to the pan. Use a potato masher to mash until smooth.
- Transfer mashed potato to a bowl and add salmon, onion, egg and the rest of the ingredients. Stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with cling film and chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Divide potato mixture into 6 equal portions. Use your hands to shape into patties about 2cm thick.
- Pan-fry the patties in a non-stick pan over high heat. Add a little oil and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Serve at once.