I have tried many fruit cake recipes and found this is the best I have done and changed accordingly with my taste. I was surprised it turn up very well on my very first try!. Just in case, after 45 mins of baking it and not baked .. please add on the timer; I was not using an oven 😉
- 300 gm butter
- 250 gm brown sugar
- 4 eggs large size
- 400 gm self raising flour
- 1 tsp double action baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- salt a pinch
- mixed fruits, cranberries, raisins, citrus, (100 gm each)
- 100 ml orange juice
- 50 gm almond powder
- Mixed fruits, cranberries, raisins, citrus, cinnamon and 100 ml orange juice. Put it aside for about 1 hour
- Use mixer for butter and brown sugar till fluffy. Add eggs one by one and vanilla essence.
- Sift flour with DA baking powder and bicarbonate of soda with pinch of salt. Add portion by portion to mixed butter earlier. Use spatula to blend.
- Add the mixed fruits earlier that we kept aside for one hour. Blend all together. Preheat oven 180 C and cook for 45 mins