Welcome to the ‘#HealthyEating’ series! #HealhyEating is launched to encourage everyone to love themselves and live a healthier life. In this quarter, we are sharing vegetarian and/or vegan western recipes, Avocado Toast. It’s a perfect breakfast addition that is healthy and super easy to make. Not to mention, it’s also very Instagram-friendly 🙂
Want more vegetarian or vegan recipes? Check out the ‘#HealthyEating’ recipe folder.
This recipe is best with
- Butter Bread Loaf:
- 125 ml Milk
- 6 g Instant Yeast
- 4 Eggs
- 30 g Sugar
- 500 g Flour
- 10 g Salt
- 250 g Anchor Butter Unsalted
- Egg Wash:
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 10 g Anchor Whipping Cream
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Shallots
- 3 Cherry Tomatoes
- A little bit of pepper
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 205ºC
- Heat milk until warm to touch and mix in yeast and set aside.
- Mix eggs and sugar in a bowl using a whisk.
- Using a mixer, add flour, salt, milk and yeast, egg and sugar mixture all together. Use a hook attachment and set it to medium speed. Mix until the dough doesn't stick to the bowl.
- Cut butter in smaller pieces and add it in.
- Continue to mix the dough until it is elastic and firm. You may transfer the dough on a flat marble surface and work the dough with the heels of your palm.
- Repeat the motion of stretching the dough out then folding it in on itself until the dough doesn’t stick to your hands.
- Leave the dough to rise until double its volume.
- Flatten it and butter a bread loaf mold preferably 20 x 7 x 8.
- Lay the dough in it and let it rise again.
- Apply the egg wash and bake for about 25 minutes until they attain a deep shade of gold.
- Once the loaf has cooled down. Cut them into slices.
- Toast the slice.
- Arrange cut avocados, shallots and cherry tomatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with a side of salad.
Butter Bread Loaf: