Welcome to the ‘#HealthyEating’ series! #HealhyEating is launched to encourage everyone to love themselves and live a healthier life. In this quarter, we are sharing vegetarian and/or vegan western recipes, Vegan Waffles. A nice, crispy waffle is perfect for the morning. Starting off the day on a sweet note. It is especially simple and quick to make. Simply mix the ingredients together and cook it in a waffle maker. Top with your favourite fruits and berries, with a drizzle of maple syrup.
Featuring Chef Yong Mei Kei, the Director and Executive Chef at MIB College. She is a qualified food technologist and plant-based chef with a huge passion for food and well-being.
Want more vegetarian or vegan recipes? Check out the ‘#HealthyEating’ recipe folder.
- Dry Ingredients:
- 180 g All-Purpose Flour
- 12 g Baking Powder
- 7 g Flaxseed Powder
- Wet Ingredients:
- 375 ml Soy Milk
- 45 g Maple Syrup
- 5 g Lemon Juice
- 4 g Vanilla Extract
- 14 g Sunflower Oil
- Mix the dry ingredients together, all-purpose flour, baking powder and flaxseed powder in a big bowl.
- Add soy milk, maple syrup, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Followed by sunflower oil. Miix until the batter becomes smooth.
- Let the mixture rest for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the waffle machine, brush a thin layer of oil.
- Scoop the batter into the waffle machine, cook for 2 to 3 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with additional maple syrup and fresh fruits.