Sambal Chicken is a Malaysian all-time favourite dish.
This recipe is courtesy of Dr. Oetker Nona.
- For Fried Chicken:
- 1 box Dr. Oetker Nona Kentucky Flour Original
- 3 Chicken Wings
- 3 Chicken Drumettes
- For Sambal Paste:
- 15 Dried Chilli
- 5 Small Onions
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 3 cm Ginger
- 3 Sticks Lemongrass
- 30 Curry Leaves
- 1 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- A pinch of Salt & Pepper
- Clean and drain excess water of chicken wings & drumettes.
- Place dried chilli, small onions, garlic and ginger in the blender, pour enough water to cover the ingredients. Blend until a paste formed.
- Preheat cooking oil to 180˚C in a wok.
- Coat Dr. Oetker Nona Kentucky Original flour and fry until golden brown. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Heat up the 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan, add in lemongrass and curry leaves, fry over medium heat until fragrant.
- Add in sambal paste and saute until fragrant and the paste thickens.
- Pour in lime juice and let the paste simmers. Add in sugar, dark soy sauce, salt and peppers to taste.
- Coat the fried chicken with sambal paste.