Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the incredible ‘Kuih-muih’ submissions here!
To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your best ‘kuih-muih’ using Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream, which can be used as a substitute for coconut milk. Read our full instructions here to win!
This recipe is courtesy of NorIrmawati for “Show us your ‘In-Kuih-dible’ Creations!” Contest.
- Syrup Ingredients
- 1 nos gula melaka
- 1&1/2 cup water
- 2 nos pandans (tied to knot)
- Bubur Som-Som Ingredients
- 2 cups rice flour
- 2 Tbsp corn flour
- 1&1/2 cup Anchor UHT Extra Yield Cooking Cream
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- 2 nos pandan leaves (tied to knot)
- In a pot, cook all the syrup ingredients till the sugar melts. Then, strain the cooked syrup and leave it to cool.
- Combine all the ingredients from the Bubur Som-Som list and stir till the flour has dissolved into the mixture
- Then, cook the mixture on a low flame and make sure to stir consistently to prevent any lumps
- Once it starts to bubble and looks glossy, it means that the mixture is cooked. Turn off heat and remove the pandan knots.
- Transfer in equal portions to your desired greased moulds and cover them with cling wraps or else the surface becomes dry and hardened
- Leave it in the chiller to cool and you may serve it with the gula melaka syrup once they are ready! Enjoy!