Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the incredible ‘Kuih-muih’ submissions here!
To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your best ‘kuih-muih’ using Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream, which can be used as a substitute for coconut milk. Read our full instructions here to win!
This recipe is courtesy of Amira Shabila for “Show us your ‘In-Kuih-dible’ Creations!” Contest.
This recipe is best with
- 2 cups rice flour
- 2 cups purple sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 2 cups Anchor UHT Extra Yield Cooking Cream
- 4&1/2 cups water
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1/2 tsp fine salt
- drop of preferred food coloring
- Steam sweet potatoes till soft. Mash it and leave it to cool
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except mash sweet potatoes and food coloring. Make sure the batter is evenly distributed.
- Then, in a blender, blend the batter and mash sweet potatoes till smooth.
- Divide into few equal portions, depending on how many layers of color you'd like. Then add your coloring accordingly.
- Meanwhile, grease your mould and heat up your steamer.
- Steam the first layer of batter for 5 minutes at high flame. Repeat the process with the rest of the layers till the the final one. Steam for 15-20 minutes
- Once done, leave it to cool before cutting and serving. Enjoy!