Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the incredible ‘Kuih-muih’ submissions here!
To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your best ‘kuih-muih’ using Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream, which can be used as a substitute for coconut milk. Read our full instructions here to win!
This recipe is courtesy of Kasmawati for “Show us your ‘In-Kuih-dible’ Creations!” Contest.
This recipe is best with
- Dough Ingredients
- 2 cups glutinous rice flour
- 1&1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- coloring of choice
- Gravy Ingredients
- 1 cup Anchor UHT Extra Yield Cooking Cream
- 1 cup water
- 2Tbsp rice flour
- 1Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2tsp salt
- Filling Ingredients
- 2 cups freshly grated coconut
- 1 cup gula merah
- 1 pc pandan leaf
- some granulated sugar (optional)
- boat shaped banana leaves
- In a separate bowl, incorporate the salt into the water. Then, gradually add it into the flour till it forms a dough. (or till it doesn't stick to the hands)
- Divide into few portions and add your desired food coloring accordingly.
- Knead till the color is evenly distributed. Set aside.
- In a pot, add all ingredients except the grated coconut, Cook till the gula melaka dissolves. Subsequently, add in the grated coconut and cook till its slightly dried up.
- Leave it to cool and shape into equal round portions. Set aside.
- Add all the gravy ingredients into a pot, cook it on low flame for about 10 minutes or till thicken. Once done, set aside.
- Place some gravy into the boat shaped banana leaves, till half filled.
- Fill the dough with some filling and round them. Place into the half filled "boat" and steam for 10 minutes
Making the dough
Making the filling
Making the gravy