Welcome, Kuali Bakers! This time, we are showcasing all the incredible ‘Kuih-muih’ submissions here!
To enter our giveaway, all you need to do is serve up your best ‘kuih-muih’ using Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream, which can be used as a substitute for coconut milk. Read our full instructions here to win!
This recipe is courtesy of Nooralenna binti Abd Jalil for “Show us your ‘In-Kuih-dible’ Creations!” Contest.
- Ingredients A:
- 1 1/2 cup Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Ingredients B:
- 1/2 cup Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream
- 1/2 cup juice from pandan leaves (from 6 leaves)
- 2 1/2 tbsp corn flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Ingredients C:
- 1 cup Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream
- 1 egg
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a pot, add Anchor Extra Yield Cooking Cream, sugar, wheat flour and salt. Mix and cook using medium heat.
- Stir constantly till slightly thickened, turn off the fire and let the mixture cool.
- Place the cooled mixture in a piping bag.
- Mix and cook all ingredients over fire. Stir using a hand whisk till ingredients are thickened. Turn off fire and let it cool.
- In a blender, blend all the ingredients in B and C.
- Pour the mixture in a piping bag or jug.
- Oil the mini kuih moulds lightly.
- Pipe or pour the green mixture till it fills 3/4 of the mould.
- Pipe the white mixture (A) in the middle of the mould by inserting the tip slightly into the existing mixture. Pipe until it forms a white circle in the middle.
- Steam for 10 mins using medium heat.
- Remove and let it cool. Unmould the Kuih Nona Manis and they are ready to be served!