This recipe is courtesy of Adabi.
- BIRYANI RICE
- 6 cups Basmathi Rice (soaked and drained)
- 6 cups water
- ½ cup Evaporated Milk
- 1 nos Big Onion (sliced)
- 1 nos Tomato (cut into wedges of 4)
- 1 nos Big Red Chilli (cut into half)
- 1 nos Big Green Chilli (cut into half)
- 1 nos Pandan Leaf (tied to knot)
- 1 Tbsp Yellow Food Colouring (optional)
- 3 Tbsp Adabi’s Serbuk Beriani
- Adabi’s Garam Halus, To taste
- sugar, to taste
- cooking oil, some
- 3//4 cup ghee
- Blended paste
- 2 nos Shallots
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2cm Ginger
- 6 Tbsp Toasted cashew nuts
- 3 Tbsp Raisins
- 2 stalks Coriander leaves (roughly chopped)
- 2 stalks Mint leaves (roughly chopped)
- SPICED EGG RENDANG
- 5 nos Hard Boiled Eggs (shelled)
- 1 nos Big Onion (sliced thinly)
- 2 cloves Garlic (sliced thinly)
- 1cm Ginger (sliced thinly)
- 1 nos Lemongrass (bruised)
- 1 packet Adabi’s Sup Tulang
- 1 packet Adabi’s Perencah Rendang
- 1 packet Adabi’s Serbuk Rendang
- 1 Tbsp Adabi’s Serbuk Nasi Goreng Ayam
- 2 Tbsp Adabi’s Santan
- 2 Tbsp Fried Coconut paste (kerisik)
- 1 pc Fresh Turmeric Leaf
- 6 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- Adabi Garam Halus, to taste
- Sugar, to taste
- In a wok, heat up the ghee and an adequate amount of cooking oil. Add in the sliced onions, tomatoes, and chillies. Fry till it becomes fragrant
- Then, add in the blended aromatics to mix till well combined. Followed by Adabi’s Serbuk Beriani for another 2-3 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a rice cooker pot, place the drained rice, water, evaporated milk and some salt and sugar to taste.
- Once the beriani aromatics are done, transfer over into the pot and mix till well combined. Leave it to cook.
- (Optional) : When rice is done, make a well in the middle and scatter drops of yellow coloring in and leave the lid back on for another 5 mins
- Loosen the cooked biryani and add in the garnishes.
- In a pan, heat up the cooking oil. Add in the onion, garlic, ginger, lemongrass and Adabi’s Sup Tulang, fry till aromatic.
- Then, add in Adabi’s Perencah Rendang and Adabi’s Serbuk Rendang to fry till the oil floats/separates (pecah minyak)
- Once the oil floats, stir in an adequate amount of water, according to your preference. Followed by Adabi’s Santan and let it simmer for 1-2 minutes
- Add in the boiled eggs, Adabi’s Serbuk Nasi Goreng Ayam, some Adabi Garam Halus and sugar to taste. Mix till well combined.
- Lastly, mix in the sliced turmeric leaf and it’s ready to be served!
SPICED EGG RENDANG