This recipe is best with
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- 113g butter
- 1/3 cup soft brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 113g unsalted butter, softened
- 226g cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 500g powdered sugar
- Preheat oven at 190°C
- Mix lemon juice to milk and set aside.
- Beat egg whites on high until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar with a mixer.
- Add in yolks and milk mixture.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
- Slowly sift in flours to butter mixture. Stir till well combine and add in bananas.
- Gently fold in egg white mixture.
- Scope muffin mixture into cupcakes cup until 3/4 full.
- Bake for 17-20 min or until cupcakes spring back when lightly touched.
- Combine butter and cream cheese in the bowl and beat until creamy, well-combined, and lump-free.
- Add vanilla extract and salt. Stir well to combine.
- With mixer on low, gradually add powdered sugar until completely combined.
- Use to frost completely cooled cupcakes.
Cream Cheese Frosting: