- 130g castor sugar
- 200ml water
- 2½tbsp evaporated milk
- 40g shortening
- 1/2tsp banana essence
- 120g kou fun (commercial cooked glutinous rice flour)
- 12g tang mein fun (wheat starch)
- Bring water and sugar to a boil to dissolve the sugar. Put syrup aside to cool completely.
- Sift kou fun and tang mein fun into a large mixing bowl. Add in cooled syrup, evaporated milk, shortening and essence to mix into a smooth dough. Divide each portion into 60g and leave aside to rest for 8-10 minutes.
- Roll out each portion into a flat disc. Wrap up with a piece of filling. Seal the edges and press each portion into a wooden mooncake mould.
- Knock to dislodge the snow skin mooncake. Chill in the refrigerator.
2 thoughts on “Snow Skin Mooncake”
Hi, do we have to cook the wheat starch? Can it be eaten raw? Hope to hear from you. Thank you!
Hi Cecelia, you can cook the flour in a dry pan. Happy cooking and baking!