This recipe is courtesy of Adabi.
- NASI DAGANG
- 3 cups Basmathi rice (soaked)
- 1 cup Glutinous rice (soaked)
- 3 nos Pandan Leaves
- 4 nos Shallots (sliced)
- 2cm Ginger (sliced)
- 1 Tbsp Fenugreek seeds
- Ingredient A
- 1 cup Adabi’s Santan
- Ingredient B
- 1 cup Adabi’s Santan
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp Cooking oil
- Adabi’s Garam Halus, to taste
- Sugar, to taste
- TONGKOL FISH CURRY
- 1 nos Tongkol Fish (cut into pieces)
- 2 pcs Dried Tamarind pieces
- 5 nos hard boiled Eggs (shelled)
- 200ml Adabi’s Santan
- 1 packet Adabi’s Serbuk Gulai Ikan
- 1 Tbsp Adabi’s Serbuk Nasi Goreng Ayam
- ½ tsp Adabi’s Serbuk Kunyit
- To taste, Adabi’s Garam Halus
- 1 Tbsp Palm Sugar
- To taste, Sugar
- To taste, water
- Some cooking oil
- Blended Paste
- 1 nos Big Onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2cm ginger
- 1 nos lemongrass
- 2cm Galangal
- 1 nos Cucumber (cut into bite sizes)
- 6 nos Bird’s Eye Chilli
- 3 nos Green Chilli (cut into halves)
- Soak both the basmathi and glutinous rice for at least 2 hours. The longer, the better. You could do it overnight
- In a steamer, steam both the rice for at least 20 minutes
- Then, transfer the partially cooked rice into a big bowl and layer the pandan leaves on it.
- Subsequently, pour (A) mixture into the rice and mix till well combined. Let it sit for a minute or two before steaming for another 30 minutes.
- After the 10th minute, add in the sliced shallots, ginger and fenugreek seeds on top and continue steaming.
- Once done, take it out from the steamer and gradually mix in (B). It should look glossy at this stage. If the rice has softened and cooked, you could stop adding in the remaining santan. On the other hand, if it feels uncooked, return it back to the steamer for another 5-10 minutes
- In a pot, boil the fish pieces, together with the tamarind pieces, water and some salt and sugar to taste till the fish is cooked. Remove the fish and keep the stock aside for later use.
- In another wok/pan, heat up some cooking oil and fry the blended paste till they’re fragrant.
- Then add Adabi’s Serbuk Gulai Ikan and Adabi’s Serbuk Kunyit into the fragrant paste and fry till the oil floats/splits.
- Subsequently, add in some of the stock from earlier and mix well. Let it simmer for a good 2-3 minutes
- Add in Adabi’s Santan, Serbuk Nasi Goreng Ayam, palm sugar, salt and sugar to taste. Mix and let it simmer for another 1-2 minutes.
- Once simmering, add in the garnishes along with the boiled eggs and fish. Mix till well combined and simmer for another 2-3 minutes. Turn off heat and it’s ready to be served
TONGKOL FISH CURRY