- 100g deep-fried anchovies
- 3 Bombay onions,halved and shredded
- 1/2cup oil
- 80g shallots
- 2cloves garlic
- 20g tamarind pulp mixed with 220ml water
- Ingredients A (mixed)
- 3tbsp chilli paste
- 1tsp shrimp base granules (belacan)
- 1tsp curry powder mixed with a little water into a thick paste
- 50g soft brown sugar
- 50g sugar
- 1-1½tsp salt or to taste
- Grind shallots and garlic together. Heat oil and fry the ground mixture until fragrant.
- Add chilli paste mixture. Stir-fry until aromatic.
- Add onion, tamarind juice and seasoning. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until gravy is thick.
- Put in prefried anchovies to mix.