Siti Hajar Din’s Sardine Sambal
- 4-5 tbsp oil
- 1 big can of sardines
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 piece of asam gelugor (dried tamarind skin)
- Salt to taste
- Ingredients (A):
- 10-15 dried chillies
- 1 large onion
- 1 tsp belacan (shrimp paste)
- Whizz ingredients (A) to a paste in a food processor.
- Heat some oil in a saucepan. Rinse the sardines and fry them. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same oil, fry the ground paste. Fry well until oil rises to the top and the paste is fragrant.
- Add sliced onion and fried sardines. Add asam gelugor and finally, season with salt to taste.
1 thought on “Siti Hajar Din’s Sardine Sambal”
Salam Siti Hajar Din’s Sardine Sambal, I like to hear from you all types about your cooking sardine sambal. Thank you.