A popular dish, Ayam Masak Kicap, this recipe is courtesy of Adabi.
- 7-8 piece of chicken
- 1 big red onion (roughly pounded)
- 4 cloves of garlic (roughly pounded)
- 1 inch of ginger (roughly pounded)
- 2 sticks of lemongrass (pounded)
- 3 dried chilli (cut in half)
- ½ big yellow onion (cut into 6)
- 5 bird’s eye chilli
- 1 red chilli (thinly sliced)
- 2 sticks of spring onion (cut in 1cm slices)
- 4 tablespoon of Kicap Lemak Manis Adabi
- 2 tablespoon of Kicap Lemak Masin Adabi
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Serbuk Nasi Goreng Ayam Adabi
- 2 tablespoon of Serbuk Kunyit Adabi
- 1 packet of Sup Tulang Adabi
- Garam Halus Adabi
- Sugar, seasoned to taste
- Cooking oil
- Chilli and Soy Dipping Sauce
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 big red onion
- 5-10 bird’s eye chilli
- 1 tomato
- 1 lime
- 3 tablespoon of Kicap Lemak Manis Adabi
- 1 tablespoon of Kicap Masin Adabi
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Cooking oil to cook the ingredients
- Season the chicken with salt and turmeric until well coated
- Pour enough oil to fry the chicken and cook the chicken all the way through and even on each side, and leave it at the side.
- In another pan, pour in oil (you may use the excess oil from the fried chicken) and heat up the oil and add in all the roughly pounded ingredients and the lemongrass and bone broth seasoning and stir until aromatic and yellowish in colour.
- Then, you can add water (according to your liking, as it will be the sauce for the chicken), oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, light soy sauce Adabi’s chicken fried rice seasoning, salt and sugar to taste. Stir well and leave to simmer.
- Once it starts boiling, add the chicken, yellow onion, bird’s eye chilli, red chilli and spring onion and stir until even.
- Then it’s ready to be plated.
- Heat up the cooking oil, and add in the big red onion, garlic and bird’s eye chilli. Fry until garlic is golden, and chilli and onion is evenly cooked and leave it to the side.
- Add the cooked ingredients in a pestle and mortar, and add sugar and pound until smooth.
- Take it out and place it in a bowl, and add the light and dark soy sauce and mix well.
- Finally, add a squeeze of lime.
- If the dipping sauce seems too thick, you can adjust by adding some water to the mixture according to your liking.
- This dipping sauce can be eaten with banana fritters, glassnoodle soup, and others.
- Ready to serve.
Chilli and Soy Dipping Sauce