To make the Puff Fillings:
- Boil potato and sweet potato with the skin on until soft. Peel off the skin. Dice the potato and sweet potato and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pot. Add the cinnamon stick and let it aromatise. Add curry leaf until it softens. Then add onions until it sweats.
- Then add leek and let it wilt. Add minced garlic and stir. Throw in curry powder and stir until all ingredients combine.
- Pour half a cup of water to prevent the curry powder from burning. Let the curry paste cook for a while until the oil splits. Then add minced chicken and cook. Add 1 tsp salt.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add boiled potatoes and boiled sweet potatoes. Add additional 1/2 cup water (or more) if needed. Cook for 15 minutes until the mixture thickens. Add salt to taste. Once it is cooked, turn off the heat.
- Use a pair of scissors and cut coriander into the mixture and mix. Set aside to cool down.
To wrap into the Puff Pastry:
- If the pastry sheet is store-bought and 9/10 inches square, then cut into 9 x 8.5cm squares. Place the curry puff filling (must be at room temperature) onto pastry squares on one half of the square, diagonally. Leave space at the edges and using your finger, trace water along the edges to soften the pastry. Fold over the pastry, joining two opposite corners of the square to form a triangle.
- Brush egg washes onto curry puffs. Bake at 200 degrees Celsius for 15-20 minutes.