- 40g pak hup (dried lily bulb)
- 125g rock sugar
- 20g sar som (Chinese ginseng roots)
- 1.5 litres water
- 6 big organic red dates
- 1 piece kat paeng (candied mandarin peel)
- Soak dried lily bulbs in warm water for 15 minutes. Drain and put into a small bowl. Put in 50g rock sugar and 20ml water, and steam for 20 minutes.
- Put Chinese ginseng roots in a saucepot with 1.5 litres of water. Cook at a boil for 30 minutes.
- Add red dates, candied mandarin peel and the remaining rock sugar. Continue to cook for 20 minutes till the flavour of the soup is enhanced. Add the prepared dried lily bulbs into the soup and serve hot.